Bed/Bath: 5bd / 3.5ba
Type: SFH – Unfurnished (Option for Partially Furnished - Minimum 9 Months, speak to agent regarding pricing)
Sq Footage: Approx 4100 sf
Parking: 2-car side-by-side (3rd car tandem) 1200sf garage prkg
Terms: 1-Year Lease Terms
Pets: Pets Allowed
Grand Ashbury Heights Single Family Home
One of the grand homes of the highly sought-after neighborhood of Ashbury Heights. This Edwardian gem features light filled spaces that flow, with wood detailing majestic and restored original details, and is generously suited for family and entertaining. This incredible home is walking distance to the best schools, playgrounds, restaurants, shopping and transportation. Close to the Golden Gate Park and all the wonderful hiking, walking, biking and jogging trails that the park has to offer.
Hand restored and substantially renovated, systems include green features. 20 dedicated roof mounted solar panels offers the potential to almost eliminate the cost of electric utility. The home has zoned heating, & hot water re-circulation. This solidly constructed home combines modern standards for concrete foundations with the sturdiness of old growth redwood framing. Ethernet is wired throughout to supplement even the most current wireless technologies.
- Gracious entry hall, with hardwood floors and wood coffered ceilings offers a view all the way back to the garden beyond, and a top-lit grand staircase that leads to the upper floors.
- Living Room, sunny and light, and private above the street level with an adjoining office or TV room.
- Dining Room features restored original old growth redwood paneling and built in hutch, accentuated by the dramatic Venetian plaster coved ceilings and a marble wood-burning gas fireplace.
- A gracious garden kitchen features Carrara marble counters, Dornbracht chef’s fixture over the porcelain farm sink. Gourmet cooks will enjoy the 6-burner double-oven professional range, subzero refrigerator, a paneled Bosch dishwasher, and ample storage. The 7’ square marble island counter will the focal point for food, family and friends.
- The beautifully landscaped walkout garden features a quaint and quiet limestone patio set amidst lush California natives and fruiting vegetation.
- Half bath
- Newly refinished hardwood throughout main living levels
- The grand staircase, top lit from the skylight above, ascends along the warm-toned Venetian plaster finish, to a broad hall that links the family’s bedrooms and is wide enough for a library at the heart of this home.
- One enters the Master Bedroom Suite with its own hall to a spacious light filled bedroom with a 5-bay sitting alcove. The master bathroom has hand-finished clawfoot tub, polished nickel finishes, marble tiled floors and shower room, double sink and separate toilet room. A set of walk-in closets are complemented with additional closet storage.
- Two bedrooms are light filled, wood floor and coved plaster ceilings, and features a “jack and jill” door that connects the two. A full bathroom with a separate toilet room serves these bedrooms, and is smartly situated behind the ascending Venetian plaster stair wall to serve as a guest bath when entertaining.
- Top floor bedrooms offer flexibility of space - can be used as family room or in-law / guest suite, and feature refreshing views, in one direction view of the ocean, Sutro Tower, St. Ignatius and the tops of the Golden Gate Bridge. In the other direction, the serene views to Buena Vista Park. Ample storage. Full bath, with clawfoot tub and Toto Wash let toilet.
- 1200 sf garage with storage
- Laundry room with Washer/Dryer, utility sink, storage, and garden access
San Francisco’s Prime Location:
- Close walk to Cole Valley cafes, culinary hubs, shops, Panhandle and Golden Gate Park. Transit options directly to downtown (or beach) with the 6 and 33 Muni lines, are just steps way.
- The best that Haight Street has to offer are closest to this neighborhood, from the original Gus’s Community Market, and the live music of Club Deluxe, to the famed Haight Ashbury landmarks.
- Best schools – public, and private, and international.
Request More Information
Additional Property Details